Theme: Assessing Grant Applications
Are you a Grantmaker new to the role, interested in doing a refresher course on Grantmaking or a Trustee of Grantmaking Programmes? Then this workshop on Assessing Grant Applications is for you!
This 3 hour online interactive training session will be led by Emma Beeston, leading facilitator in grantmaking with input from active professional practitioners in the grantmaking space.
The objectives of the session include:
- Assess applications against a list of eligibility criteria
- Describe and employ a range of shortlisting techniques
- Understand and use scoring mechanisms for assessing criteria
- Construct a means of efficient and effective data collection and collation
- Identify, interpret and make judgements on the quality of third party sources of information
- Develop proportionate and objective methods to appraise funding applications
- Understand and build safeguards to avoid bias
- Provide constructive feedback to applicants
With break out sessions and training material including practical examples, templates, checklists and references for additional reading.
Limited spaces available:
- Free for Philanthropy Ireland Members
- €40 non-members
Registration for this event has now closed.